THE TRAINING: This training will provide EMDR Clinicians and Clinicians working with trauma survivors a sound foundation in understanding how to properly assess and treat trauma which often under or misdiagnosed as other disorders. This training brings viewers back to the causal source of symptoms such as mis-attachment. We will look at trauma and mis-attachment’s relationship to addiction and addiction treatment. Challenges like dissociation and dissociative acting out are explored. Stages of recovery and the neurobiology of trauma will help clinicians understand how to properly process trauma and how to develop rapid grounding coping tools. Phases 1, 2 and 4 in EMDR are strongly enhanced by this training. The Training Level is for Beginner to Advanced.
WHY YOU NEED THIS: Any licensed clinician can learn EMDR psychotherapy or other trauma specific psychotherapy but competency in understanding the dynamics of trauma and complex trauma are not included in such training. Not having such knowledge can lead to incomplete treatment, misdiagnosis and even mistreatment. The responsibility to develop such competencies are on the clinician. As an EMDR consultant, many of the struggles of EMDR Clinicians I have done consultation with were largely why I put this video together as it became clear this information is badly needed and is not offered anywhere else.
CREDITS: This 3 hour video features a video of myself explaining slides and videos of survivors sharing their story for teaching purposes. The training simulates the live trainings I do locally. The viewer will have unlimited access for 30 days. 3 CEs will be available from EMDRIA and 3 CEUs will be available from CE-Classes.com after a post test. I will be available to answer questions via email during the 30 day subscription period.
THE PRESENTER Herb Cohen, LCAT is certified in both EMDR and Clinical Hypnotherapy. He is and EMDR Consultant and has presented trainings in addiction, assessment trauma, attachment and coping skills over the last 20 of his 30 plus years of practice. Herb has presented live as well as had appearances on both television and radio. Herbs has worked in both inpatient as well as outpatient settings before settling into private practice specializing in trauma, addiction and eating disorders in Huntington, NY. He is regional Co-Ordinator for the EMDR Long Island Region, as well as Co-chair of the Long Island Committee on Sexual Abuse and Family Violence.
COST is $290 vis PayPal. If you have questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To sign up for the training click here.
Sexual Abuse/Domestic Violence for EMDR Clinicians: Overview, Assessment and Treatment
Herb Cohen, LCAT will present a comprehensive overview of trauma, its etiology, how trauma impacts attachment, resiliency, physical disorders and addiction. Participants will learn how to differentiate trauma from other similar symptom presentations and be able to perform a trauma informed assessment (Phase 1 EMDR Standard Protocol). Treatment paradigms will be presented what works and what is counter indicated. This training is very comprehensive and looks deeply at dissociation and dissociative re-enactment. Participants will learn the neurobiology of trauma so they can understand how to create effective coping skills for the preparation phase of EMDR. Complex aspects of trauma will be presented including dissociation and dissociative acting out. Stages of recovery will be explored in relevance to Phase 4. Participants will be exposed to actual trauma survivors who have consented to share aspects of their stories to illustrate teachings and provide a client perspective. EMDR Phases 1,2 and 4 are impacted by this training. This training is not limited to EMDR professionals but was adapted to target EMDR clinicians who need a foundation in trauma to be effective in applying EMDR Psychotherapy, as training in the Basic Phases of EMDR Psychotherapy does not provide this vital information. I do reference EMDR Phases as information presents that relates to enhancing working through those phases, but this training will benefit any Psychotherapist working with attachment, addiction or trauma. The skill level is for all levels of clinicians from beginner to advanced. EMDRIA as approved this training for 3 EMDRIA educational credits.
- Increase your client’s resiliency by healing attachment trauma.
- Increase efficacy of effective treatment of addiction due to addressing underlying trauma and attachment issues and by understanding addiction is implicitly stored memory.
- Be able to complete an accurate assessment and diagnosis as relates to Phase I of the EMDR 8 Phase Protocol including medical issues that manifest as a result of trauma, differentiate abuse from other disorders and distinguish PTSD as spectrum disorder from simple to complex.
- Be able to know what strategies to employ depending on what stage of recovery a recipient is at and Use the stages of recovery from trauma and sexual abuse necessary for completing processing in Phase 4 of the EMDR 8 Phase Protocol.
- Will be able to create tools for rapid grounding from high levels of emotional dysregulation for Phase2 of the EMDR 8 Phase Protocol.by knowing the neurological implications of trauma.
- Learn what the necessary ingredients are for someone to develop Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Differentiate abuse from similar symptoms of other disorders
- Know the relationship between attachment and resiliency
- Learn the neurobiological implications and the relationship to substance abuse and addiction and to develop coping skills
- Learn what interventions are counter indicated and what are the latest effective strategies
- Learn the medical complications that commonly manifest from trauma
Intended Audience: EMDR Clinicians as well as other clinicians working with individuals impacted by mis-attachment and /or trauma. This would include people working in addiction, eating disorders, domestic violence or in a mental health setting.
Price $290.00 Cancellation and a full refund is possible prior to viewing Program. Once a key to view the program, a refund will be available only if the program is unable to run due to some technical failure. Grievances are to be sent in writing to Herb Cohen (email@example.com) and will be responded to within 5-10 business days. Please provide contact information for such reply.
This Program will run as a web -based video in compliance with ADA requirements. Please contact Herb Cohen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if special accommodations are required.
3 CEU’s will be offered included 3 from EMDRIA for EMDR Clinicians. CE-Classes.com is the provider of CEs. Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine approval. Provider Approvals (must be verbatim but can be limited based on your location below)
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1941
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.